3 Male, 2 Female, 7 Non Gender Specific, 11 Supporting Roles + Chorus (Indicated genders are guidelines for casting. Many roles could be played by actors of any gender. Oh yes they could!)
- Professor Carter (M/F) An ancient egyptologist, expert in his field.
- Abanaza (M) Baddie. An evil sorcerer who dreams of world domination.
- Wishee Washee (M/F) Comic. One of Widow Twankey’s sons. Not the brightest bulb.
- Widow Twankey (M) Dame. Owner of the Lost-Sock Laundrette.
- Fu Fu (M/F) Skin role. The Twankey’s cute pet panda with serious ninja skills.
- Emperor Sing-Lo (M) Emperor of China, Jasmine’s strict, old-fashioned father.
- Aladdin (M/F) A poor boy with big ambitions.
- Princess Jasmine (F) Heir to the throne of China.
- Tu Shy (F) Jasmine’s maid and only confidant within the royal household.
- Ant (M/F) Comedy police sergeant.
- Dec (M/F) Comedy police officer in training.
- Mummy (M/F) Abanaza’s Egyptian Mummy (literally)
Supporting Roles (M/F)
- Chorus 1
- Chorus 2
- Chorus 3
- Chorus 4
- Chorus 5
- Guard 1
- Guard 2
- Statue 1
- Statue 2
- Statue 3
- Statue 4
- Residents of Peking
5 Full Scenes, 4 Front Cloths/Curtain + The Magic Carpet
- Prologue The Valley of the Kings
- Scene 1 Ancient Peking
- Scene 2 An Alleyway in Peking
- Scene 3 The Lost-Sock Laundrette
- Scene 4 An Alleyway in Peking
- Scene 5 The Gardens of the Palace
- Scene 6 A Mountain Path
- Scene 7 The Cave of Wonders
- Scene 1 The Gardens of the Palace
- Scene 2 The Royal Dungeons
- Scene 3 The Magic Carpet Ride
- Scene 4 The Valley of the Kings
- Scene 5 Abanaza’s Pyramid
- Scene 6 Song Sheet
- Scene 7 Finale
TWANKEY Do you know Wishee, sometimes you make me want to throw the towel in.
WISHEE Well don’t do that Mum, that will make the washing pile bigger!
TWANKEY Talking of washing piles, can you bring me that one over there.
(Picks up a basket of underwear)
WISHEE This one here?
TWANKEY That’s the one, that’s my celebrity undies pile.
WISHEE Who’s undies have we got in here Mum?
TWANKEY Well, we’ve got Julie Walters’ bra.
WISHEE Julie Walters’ bra?
TWANKEY Yes, I call it a sheep dog bra. It rounds them up and points them in the right direction! You need that at her age.
(WISHEE pulls some knickers out of the basket)
WISHEE Whose are these?
TWANKEY Ah, they’re Mary Berry’s knickers. Bit of a soggy bottom on those.
(WISHEE throws them back down again, picks up a large pair of boxer shorts with a panel in the back)
TWANKEY Now, those are Donald Trump’s boxer shorts.
WISHEE How can you tell?
TWANKEY Because, there’s a flap in the back where he talks from.
(WISHEE picks up a final pair of knickers, they’re huge)
WISHEE And these?
TWANKEY Oh, they’re mine. They’re my american pants.
WISHEE American pants?
TWANKEY That’s right. One yank and they’re off!
WISHEE Oh dear.