Jack and the Beanstalk Pantomime Script
When Jack and Jill ventured up the hill, little did they know that one of them would be kidnapped by an evil giant! Can Jack climb to the sky and save the village of Upper Beanstalk? A hilarious pantomime adventure for all the family.
When Jack and Jill ventured up the hill, little did they know that one of them would be kidnapped by an evil giant!
Can Jack climb the beanstalk, save the village of Upper Beanstalk and escape with a golden egg, and his beloved cow, Pat?
Featuring all your favourite pantomime traditions and characters like Dame Tilly Trott, King Crumble and Silly Simon, Jack and the Beanstalk is a hilarious pantomime adventure for all the family.
Approx 2 hours + interval depending on the length/number of songs you choose.
Free Reading Copy
Order your free reading copy to receive a .PDF download of the full script. Please note this is a read-only copy and cannot be used for rehearsal or performance without a valid license.
Apply for a License
Apply for a license to perform this script here. Don’t forget to let me know if you’d like my help in adapting the script to be the perfect fit for your cast, venue and production team.
2 Male, 2 Female, 5 Non Gender Specific, 11 Supporting Roles + Chorus
(Indicated genders are guidelines for casting. Many roles could be played by actors of any gender. Oh yes they could!)
- Jack Trott (M/F) Tilly Trott’s son and Principal Boy, loves Jill.
- Silly Simon (M/F) Jack’s best friend and village idiot
- Tilly Trott (M) Dame. Poor woman who owns a dairy farm.
- Jill Crumble (F) Princess. Daughter of King Crumble, loves Jack.
- King Crumble (M) Jill’s father. A gibbering wreck in a crisis.
- Lord Fleshcreep (M/F) A sly, sneaking type. Reports to Giant Butternut.
- Spinach (M/F) Fleshcreep’s fiesty, but little, assistant
- Fairy Evergreen (F) The happy and helpful farming fairy
- Pat the Cow (M/F) The Trotts’ cow
Supporting Roles (M/F)
- Gary Gooseberry (M) A villager
- Margaret Mango (F) A villager
- Penelope Parsnip (F) A villager
- Betty Blueberry (F) A villager
- Kevin Kiwi (M) A villager
- Carly Cauliflower (F) A villager
- Peter Pear (M) A villager
- Sarah Celeriac (F) A villager
- Mayor of Cloudland (M/F) In charge of the people in the sky
- Nimbus (M/F) Resident of Cloudland
- Cirrus (M/F) Resident of Cloudland
- Residents of Upper Beansprout
- Residents of Cloudland
4 or 5 Full Scenes, 2 Front Cloths/Curtain Scenes
Prologue The Giant’s Kingdom
Scene 1 Village of Upper Beansprout
Scene 2 Outside Upper Beansprout
Scene 3 The Trott’s Dairy
Scene 4 Outside Upper Beansprout
Scene 5 Village of Upper Beansprout
Scene 6 Outside Upper Beansprout
Scene 7 The Trott’s Farmyard
Scene 1 The Giant’s Kingdom
Scene 2 Rainbow Road
Scene 3 The Giant’s Castle
Scene 4 Rainbow Road
Scene 5 The Trott’s Farmyard
Scene 6 The Song Sheet
Scene 7 The Grand Finale
TILLY Hello gang!
SIMON Remind me again why we have to try and milk Pat even more.
TILLY The giant wants milk for his cereal, pronto, or we’ll all be toast.
SIMON Why can’t he just milk one of the giant cows in the sky?
TILLY Don’t be so simple Simon. Cows don’t live in the sky.
(SIMON stares out of the window and spots TILLY’s herd. KING CRUMBLE enters.)
KING C. What a brilliant bunch of cows. I had no idea you had so many.
TILLY Not a bunch, a herd.
KING C. Heard of what?
TILLY Herd of cows.
KING C. Of course I’ve heard of cows.
TILLY I said a cow herd. Don’t you care about a cow heard?
KING C. What do I care what a cow heard? I have no secrets to keep from a cow!
SIMON You see that one there, she’s only got three legs.
KING C. What do you call her?
TILLY Lean beef.
KING C. What about that one there?
SIMON She’s exceptional.
KING C. How can you tell?
TILLY She’s outstanding in her field.
KING C. That one there’s got a problem.
TILLY Yes, she tried to jump over a barbed wire fence. It was an udder disaster.
KING C. That one doesn’t have any ears
TILLY I know, she’s moo-te
TILLY I said she’s moo-te.
TILLY Come on now, enough fooling around. Time to get milking.