Jack and the Beanstalk Pantomime Script Characters
2 Male, 2 Female, 5 Non Gender Specific, 11 Supporting Roles + Chorus (Indicated genders are guidelines for casting. Many roles could be played by actors of any gender. Oh yes they could!)
- Jack Trott (M/F) Tilly Trott’s son and Principal Boy, loves Jill.
- Silly Simon (M/F) Jack’s best friend and village idiot.
- Tilly Trott (M) Dame. Poor woman who owns a dairy farm.
- Jill Crumble (F) Princess. Daughter of King Crumble, loves Jack.
- King Crumble (M) Jill’s father. A gibbering wreck in a crisis.
- Lord Fleshcreep (M/F) A sly, sneaking type. Reports to Giant Butternut.
- Spinach (M/F) Fleshcreep’s fiesty, but little, assistant.
- Fairy Evergreen (F) The happy and helpful farming fairy.
- Pat the Cow (M/F) The Trotts’ cow.
Supporting Roles (M/F)
- Gary Gooseberry (M) A villager.
- Margaret Mango (F) A villager.
- Penelope Parsnip (F) A villager.
- Betty Blueberry (F) A villager.
- Kevin Kiwi (M) A villager.
- Carly Cauliflower (F) A villager.
- Peter Pear (M) A villager.
- Sarah Celeriac (F) A villager.
- Mayor of Cloudland (M/F) In charge of the people in the sky.
- Nimbus (M/F) Resident of Cloudland.
- Cirrus (M/F) Resident of Cloudland.
- Residents of Upper Beansprout.
- Residents of Cloudland.
4 or 5 Full Scenes, 2 Front Cloths/Curtain Scenes
- Prologue The Giant’s Kingdom
- Scene 1 Village of Upper Beansprout
- Scene 2 Outside Upper Beansprout
- Scene 3 The Trott’s Dairy
- Scene 4 Outside Upper Beansprout
- Scene 5 Village of Upper Beansprout
- Scene 6 Outside Upper Beansprout
- Scene 7 The Trott’s Farmyard
- Scene 1 The Giant’s Kingdom
- Scene 2 Rainbow Road
- Scene 3 The Giant’s Castle
- Scene 4 Rainbow Road
- Scene 5 The Trott’s Farmyard
- Scene 6 The Song Sheet
- Scene 7 The Grand Finale
Jack and the Beanstalk Pantomime Script Extract
TILLY Hello gang!
SIMON Remind me again why we have to try and milk Pat even more.
TILLY The giant wants milk for his cereal, pronto, or we’ll all be toast.
SIMON Why can’t he just milk one of the giant cows in the sky?
TILLY Don’t be so simple Simon. Cows don’t live in the sky.
(SIMON stares out of the window and spots TILLY’s herd. KING CRUMBLE enters.)
KING C. What a brilliant bunch of cows. I had no idea you had so many.
TILLY Not a bunch, a herd.
KING C. Heard of what?
TILLY Herd of cows.
KING C. Of course I’ve heard of cows.
TILLY I said a cow herd. Don’t you care about a cow heard?
KING C. What do I care what a cow heard? I have no secrets to keep from a cow!
SIMON You see that one there, she’s only got three legs.
KING C. What do you call her?
TILLY Lean beef.
KING C. What about that one there?
SIMON She’s exceptional.
KING C. How can you tell?
TILLY She’s outstanding in her field.
KING C. That one there’s got a problem.
TILLY Yes, she tried to jump over a barbed wire fence. It was an udder disaster.
KING C. That one doesn’t have any ears
TILLY I know, she’s moo-te
TILLY I said she’s moo-te.
TILLY Come on now, enough fooling around. Time to get milking.