Rapunzel Pantomime Script Characters
2 Male, 3 Female, 4 Non Gender Specific, 3 Supporting Roles + Chorus (Indicated genders are guidelines for casting. Many roles could be played by actors of any gender. Oh yes they could!)
- Princess Rapunzel (F) Principal Girl, Stuck in a tower.
- Flynn Perm (M/F) Principal Boy, Penny Perm’s Son.
- Penny Perm (M) Dame, Owner of ‘Blow & Go’, the royal hair salon.
- Slap Ed (M/F) Comic.
- Brainless Bob (M/F) Comic.
- Queen Curly (F) Queen of Brushington.
- King Quiff (M) King of Brushington.
- Fairy Hair-Do (F) Clever and feisty.
- Fairy Dreadlock (M/F) Dark and nasty.
Supporting Roles (M/F)
- Ghost Creepy forest ghoul.
- Dragon Bewitched by Fairy Dreadlock (Mostly).
- Britney Spurs Flynn’s horse and loyal companion.
- Royal Courtiers.
- Citizens of Brushington.
- Forest Sprites.
- Forest animals.
4 Full Scenes, 2 or 3 Front Cloths/Curtain Scenes
- Scene 1 The Palace Ballroom
- Scene 2 Elsewhere in Brushington (Front Cloth)
- Scene 3 Blow and Go, the Royal Hair Salon
- Scene 4 Elsewhere in Brushington (Front Cloth)
- Scene 5 The Palace Ballroom
- Scene 1 Deep in the Freaky Forest
- Scene 2 A Forest Path (Front Cloth)
- Scene 3 Beneath Rapunzel’s Tower
- Scene 4 A Forest Chase (Front Cloth)
- Scene 5 The Palace Ballroom
- Scene 6 The Song Sheet (Front Cloth)
- Scene 7 A Royal Wedding
Rapunzel Pantomime Script Extract
SLAP ED Penny, we were hoping you could fit us in for an emergency hair-cut before the party later. What with everything we’ve got to organise, we forgot all about it.
BOB Yeah, and Slap Ed’s hair is growing out of his nose, his ears, his-
PENNY – thank you Brainless Bob, I quite understand! Now let me look in my appointments book.
(She checks the book briefly)
As it happens I’ve an hour’s slot now you can have.
PENNY Which one of you’s up first then?
SLAP ED I’ll go first. There’s less of mine to cut!
PENNY Come and stand over here then Slap Ed.
SLAP ED Can I ask you a question?
PENNY Of course.
SLAP ED Why did my hairline recede?
PENNY It didn’t, your scalp advanced. Now Slap Ed, you can test my brand new gadget; the very latest in hair re-growth technology.
SLAP ED That sounds great. What does it do?
(Puts his head into the wall hood dryer, through the hole in the wall, an assistant applies black makeup over his face to give the impression his face is burnt to a crisp and gives him a crazy wig)
Is this right?
PENNY Yes that’s it. The idea is that you put your head into the device and it randomly chooses a haircut that it thinks will suit you. But we can also choose the hair cut for you. So I thought today, we could help you pick.
(She locks his head in, she sets the dial)
On your marks, get set, bake.
(She turns the machine on, SLAP ED acts as though he is being electrified. There is a grinding noise and the machine slows to a halt. SLAP ED hangs his limbs limp. PENNY picks up one of his arms and lets it drop. She looks at the dial)
Whoops, it seems I may have got a little carried away with the knob.
(She unlocks his head and pulls him out facing the audience)
BOB What have you done to him? He looks like he’s been set on fire!
SLAP ED That’s because I have. I thought this was supposed to give me a sexy new cut?
BOB Look on the bright side, at least you’re no worse off now than you were before.
PENNY Do you know, I told my friend she drew her eyebrows on too high once. She looked surprised.
BOB I’m not putting my head in that thing.
PENNY No, no we’ll give you a traditional wash and a Blow and Go dry, how does that sound?