Ever find yourself looking for the perfect pantomime dame songs? Or maybe you’re looking for that comic skit bound to make people laugh? Either way, you want the dame’s song to make a real impact in your pantomime. Here’s my list of songs which are always brilliant to achieve these outcomes.
Why is it important to have a brilliant panto dame number?
- It’s an opportunity to make the audience laugh
- It’s a chance for the audience to get more comfortable with the dame
- You can showcase your dame’s singing voice
- It’s a useful number if you need to bulk out a section of scene change
- You can make an impact on the dame’s first entrance
Example panto dame songs
- Girls Just Want To Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper – This Cyndi Lauper classic is a fabulous fun-focussed Dame number.
- Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen – For a Dame whose tongue is firmly in their cheek.
- Dear Future Husband by Meghan Trainor – A fun-filled happy number about looking for a man.
- Shake it Off by Taylor Swift – Perfect for a flirty dame looking for me in the audience.
- 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton – An upbeat number for a working dame.
- Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyoncé – For a fabulous and glamorous dame with style.
- Man! I Feel Like A Woman by Shania Twain – For the bloke dame who looks like a man in a frock.
I hope this list gives you great inspiration for your pantomime dame songs. If you have any of your own suggestions to add to the list, let me know.