As an amateur theatre group, writing a press release is a great way to get word out about your next production. You can write them and send them to local newspapers, bloggers and social media influencers to let them know that your production is happening, and why they should share the news about it.
Why you should write a press release
Writing a release is an essential part of your marketing campaign. Here’s some of the reasons why it’s so important:
- Helps local press to find information about the production quickly
- Helps others to spread the word about your production on your behalf
- Contains all of the important information about your show in one place
- It is the recognised format of information sharing between press and marketing teams
Press Release Template
I’ve created a handy press release template to help you create a brilliant press release for your next production. To access the template just open this link and go to ‘File’ > ‘Download’ > ‘Word Document (.docx)’ and you will be able to download the template to edit for your next production.
Who should you send it to?
Now you’ve written your press release, you should send it to any/all of the following people:
- Local press editors
- Online directories
- Social media influencers
- Important people in your locality (Town Council, Businesses etc.)
- Community forums
- Influential local blogs/websites
Found a strategy that works for you?
I’d love to hear about all the ways you’ve successfully got your information printed in the press, and helped spread the word about your show. You can get in touch with me here.