Dick Whittington Pantomime Script Characters
1 Male, 2 Female, 5 Non Gender Specific, 15 Supporting Roles + Chorus (Indicated genders are guidelines for casting. Many roles could be played by actors of any gender. Oh yes they could!)
- Dick Whittington (M/F) A poor boy seeking his fortune
- Sarah the Cook (M) A bakery owner in London town
- Tommy the Cat (M/F) Dick’s trusty sidekick
- Alice Fitzwarren (F) Daughter of a shop keeper
- Idle Jack (M/F) Sarah’s son. A sandwich short of a picnic
- Alderman/Captain/Emperor Fitzwarren (M/F) A triple part, Alice’s father and uncles
- Queen/King Rat (M/F) The dirty, dastardly baddie
- Spirit of the Bells (F) London’s good fairy
Supporting Roles (M/F)
- William (M) Londoner, Market Trader
- Victoria (F) Londoner, Market Trader
- Edward (M) Londoner, Market Trader
- Elizabeth (F) Londoner, Market Trader
- Robby Rat (M/F) One of Queen/King Rat’s henchmen
- Roxy Rat (M/F) One of Queen/King Rat’s henchmen
- Ricky Rat (M/F) One of Queen/King Rat’s henchmen
- Rita Rat (M/F) One of Queen/King Rat’s henchmen
- Sailors 1 to 6 (M/F) The ships crew, under Captain Fitzwarren
- Scary Shark (M/F) The monster who’s ‘behind you’
- Residents of London
- Ships crew
- Servants of the palace
4 Full Scenes, 5 Front Cloths/Curtain Scenes Act I
- Prologue The M25 Motorway
- Scene 1 London Town
- Scene 2 A London Side Street
- Scene 3 London Town
- Scene 4 The London Sewers
- Scene 5 The Big Buns Bakery
- Scene 6 The M25 Motorway
- Scene 7 The Deck of the S.S Saucy Sal (In the Docks)
- Scene 1 The Deck of the S.S Saucy Sal (On the Open Sea)
- Scene 2 The Bottom of the Sea
- Scene 3 The Golden Palace of the East
- Scene 4 The Golden Palace Dungeon
- Scene 5 London Town
- Scene 6 The Song Sheet
- Scene 7 The Grand Finale
Dick Whittington Pantomime Script Extract
JACK Hello gang! (Audience response)
SARAH Jack stop messing around, we need to bake quickly to replace the buns that Tommy stole.
JACK Give me a second Mum, I’ve just got back from delivering a present to my girlfriend. She needed cheering up.
SARAH Oh dear, what’s wrong with her?
JACK She’s got hay fever and diabetes.
SARAH That’s awful Jack. Very good of you to take a present over. What did you buy her?
JACK Flowers and a box of chocolates.
SARAH Oh Jack, you are funny.
JACK Very strange, on the way home I barely saw anyone, except for a couple of ice creams, a chocolate gateaux and a coconut cream pie.
SARAH A coconut cream pie?
JACK The streets were desserted.
SARAH Come on Jack, we need to bake these buns.
JACK Right, I’ll get the recipe book.
SARAH You start, I’ll follow.
JACK You fart, I’ll swallow.
SARAH Here we go then.